Cho Ku Rei pendulum with silver chain
Reiki is a gentle energetic, spiritual healing therapy. “Rei” means “unseen” or “spiritual” and “Ki” means “energy” or “life force”. This is often translated as “Universal Life Energy”. The system was developed by Mikao Usui in Japan in the early 20th century after three weeks of fasting and meditating on Mount Kurama. Energy flows through the hands to the “patient” or recipient in such a way that the givers energy is not depleted. The therapist keys into the universal energy, not necessarily their own individual energy. This universal energy is seen as intelligent and will heal the patient’s energy field without exact diagnosis. Treatment can be used on people, on yourself, pets and distance healing. The system often uses “attunement” where people are attuned so that they may also give this type of healing. Often symbols are used to help key into certain aspects of this healing art.
Cho Ku Rei (pronounced cho-koo-ray) translated means, “fill with Holy Spirit. As a symbol it is used for directing universal energy and for amplifying this energy. It breaks through blocked or stagnant energy and transforms negative energy to positive energy. It is often drawn before beginning a healing and can also be drawn to bring a blessing to any place. Drawing it before a healing is a bit like a signal to switch on the healing energy and to increase its power. Takata Sensei called this the "Invocation of universal power". Often healers draw this symbol over their palms before placing their hands. Using this pendulum symbol in a healing treatment is a statement that you wish to connect to universal spirit and be a sacred vessel for this energy to flow through.
· Rose Quartz and Citrine Cho Ku Rei Pendulum/Dowser on a 20cm chain with crystal bead ball for gripping.
· Loosely translated this symbol means 'Let all thepower of the Universe be here'. This is the symbol used to connect with theenergy at the beginning of a session, and to increase power/energy where neededduring a dowsing/healing session.
· It is used to empower anything you want and increases the power of all other symbols you use.
· It is also used in cleaning a space or clearing up negative energies and it seals in light energy when drawn at the end of a healing.
· This is a stone for grounding and centring the energies of the Root or Base Chakra. Use for self control, grounding, resilience, quiet power, grounding, invisibility, peace and anxiety. Black agate is considered a receiving stone and is used for calming, soothing, inward meditation and reflection. When used for Chakra healing and balancing, Black Agate represents the element earth and is therefore related to our survival instincts and to our sense of grounding and connection to our bodies and the physical plane.